Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The first time I rested my eyes upon him, I didn't think that I would fall so deeply in love.  I didn't realize that his image was a reflection of my own self.  I didn't know that I would become so fascinated by his compelling nature and that nothing else would ever equal his beauty in comparison.

I would go to him day after day and look up to the heavens as he danced among the clouds.  The most beautiful bird would spread his wings and soar through the wind on high.  He triumphantly grazed from pillar to post and swam through the air effortlessly.  The pride in his eyes was fearless, and I responded in awe to his display of glory.

The grand ambassador of flight would teach others to fly.  He would tell them the secrets of harnessing the power of the wind, and dare them to let go.  Hero would catch them by the limbs and swing them to the safety of nearby branches.

I watched him playfully dance in the tallest trees.  He would swing from limb to limb and birch on branches, only to look down like an emperor of the heavens upon all that dwelt upon the earth.  I saw him most true in his element of fire, and he became the breath of life that inspired me.

Catlike agility was the enforcement of his supremacy as he climbed those tall trees so swiftly.  Gracefully, he would pounce to grasp a hold of the tallest branch.  Mightily, he, with the most honorable strength, performed the chivalrous dance with rings of fire, sweeping through wide open spaces, like a flaming torch, the blazing chariot as his wings of fire carried him through to illumine the darkest nights.

Each time our eyes would meet, I felt a tug of war upon the thread of my soul, as though he were calling me.  But there was no hindrance.  I submitted.  Each time I drew closer to him when he called upon me through the longing in his eyes.  We never spoke words beyond those foreign trans-gestures of solar communion.

Until one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment